January 28, 2008 by juddthelibrarian
I will continue to edit this post as LJ and AP posts roll on in. If there are any I miss, please feel free to either e-mail me or post them in the comments.
Past Dreamation link pages:
2007, 2006, 2005,
And so it begins:
The above youtube video has a thread on Story Games by Jason Morningstar.
Threads, Blogs and LJ Posts:
- Vinny says, “Thank you,” on the Forge.
- Bret talks Grey Ranks, Food Holes, Beowulf, Misspent Youth, 1001 Nights, Contract Work and Under My Skin AP on his LJ and X-posts on the roleplayers LJ community. and X-posted on RPG.net because Bret likes to make my life difficult.
- Lisa talking about some Polaris AP with Matt Weber
- Jeff Himmelman talks about how Kingdom of Nothing playtesting went over at Master Mines.
- Jeff posts general thoughts on the con about Giants, Kingdom of Nothing and a rough game of Baron Munchausen.
- Jason Morningstar posts up another youtube video, this time on Grey Ranks AP.
- I post about our Shock: games.
- Matt talks about Dreamation experiences over at NerdNYC.com and lots of NerdNYCers chime in about their own experiences at the con.
- David Berg talks about playing PTA (and Nar games) for the first time.
- Chad talks about his Thursday on his way and at Dreamation.
- Chad goes over his Friday games with some hot…I mean cold Ganakagok action.
- Chad discusses his Sabaday, including the frightening hotel bar nestled in a northern Jersey industrial park.
- Chad delves into Sumday, bloody Sumday
- Michael Miller gives an overview of his con experiences and tills fertile soil for what will become at least two AP threads to come.
- Nathan gives a con overview about meeting up with his tribe.
- ENnie Award Winning Podcaster, Paul Tevis, discusses the value of Dreamation playtesting on Master Mines.
- Robert Bohl discusses revelations about his game, Misspent Youth, uncovered at Dreamation on Master Mines. and X-posted on his livejournal.
- Chris asks people what they played at Dreamation on Story Games because Chris couldn’t make it; next year, Chris!.
- Jason Morningstar talks about the Jeepform LARP, The Upgrade and here’s the link to their post-game response on youtube.
- Brennan Taylor talks general con overview and How We Came To Live Here playtesting.
- Michael “Criminal fucking Element” Sullivan chimes on in his con overview, having played Dirty Secrets, Omega Point, Kingdom of Nothing, Don’t Rest Your Head, Shock:, Misspent Youth and Criminal fucking Element.
- Michael Sullivan chimes in about the people he met.
- A short and puzzling lj post in which we learn that Ryan Macklin can breath better in New Jersey?!
- A short but sweet lj post in which we learn that Paul Tevis had a long haul home.
- Mel White ran Agon and posted about it on the Forge; Clinton chimed in with some solid critique of the game.
- Mel White talks about the positives and negatives of his BW scenario, The Holy Grail, over at the BW boards.
- Russell discusses some post-Dreamation thoughts on his game, Contract Work.
- Julie talks about her spontaneous decision to attend Dreamation. Yeah, dude, while we slept, she was running stairs. Hard-Core.
- Bret talks about non-gamy moments that were great at the con.
- nemomeme gives detailed overviews of their games of Giants, Kingdom of Nothing, Criminal Element, Project Bearclaw and Burning Wheel.
- The Durham 3 post up some pics.
- Rob Donoghue breaks it down, having played Questers of the Middle Realm, Burning Wheel, Young Adult RPG, Swansong, Giants, Witch Hunter, and Project Bearclaw.
- Rob Donoghue asks for feedback on the indie roundable at Story Games
- Jennifer Rodgers gives her Dreamation report, complete with pictures.
- Rob talks about two ideas he ran across at Dreamation that he’d like to see more in gaming.
- Ryan Macklin makes an lj post about Dreamation and he played Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies, Kingdom of Nothing, and Misspent Youth with more to come. and here’s the second part in which he plays Beowulf, DRYH, A Penny for My Thoughts, Jeepform – Night of Nights, and Escape or Die!.
- Michael Miller starts a thread on the Forge about his con scenario, The Monster Squad.
- Julia discusses the saddest Steal Away Jordan game ever. Having seen Joe toss his puppy dog eyes around at our Shock: game, I can only imagine why the game was sad.
- Joshua discusses his In a Wicked Age hack, Beowulf’s playtest at Dreamation.
- Jason Morningstar talks about his over-booked Grey Ranks game and how he split the gamers into two groups and doubled his rock and doubled his roll.
- Steve Harvey discusses playing Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies with Chad over at somethingawful.com. Thanks, Chad, for the hot scoop.
- Clinton R. Nixon goes into his last minute decision to come to Dreamation and he played Questers of the Middle Realms, Swansong, and The Cheap and Cheesy Fantasy Game, 1001 Nights, and the Jeepform joint – The Upgrade. I’m really glad he came to the con. I got to sit with him for a bit and talk about fiddling with Rome burns and got to play across from him as we took the roles of two men of letters, telling stories for our very lives.
It has been too long since I heard Clinton say, “Oh, it is on now!” I don’t think I heard him say that but it was nice to see an old friend.
- Michael Miller discusses a problematic game of Baron Munchausen.
- Poor dude had his car broken into and his laptop was stolen. If anyone has any info, poass it along with a $2000 reward. Suck.
- Kat Miller gives a Dreamation overview.
- Kat Miller posts about Serial on the Forge.
- Clinton talks about Questers of the Middle Realm and techniques for convention play.
- Don posts a pic in honor of Bill’s fantasy FATE hack, reclaiming the word – FATAL.
- Jennifer Rodgers posts some card art she was selling while at Dreamation.
- Adam Dray talks Dreamation and then some over on his livejournal.
- Joshuan Newman blogs his Dreamation overview and in a post inspired by the con, he also makes a post about why you might not wany to publish.
+ Fred draws first blood among the podcasters with an AP/Playtest recording of Escape or Die! on the That’s How We Roll podcast, a show about the Evil Hat Crew’s play.
+ The White Brothers, Mel and Bill, discuss GM Railroading and Scene Framing as related to their Dreamation play on Mel’s podcast, Virtual Play.
+ Mel White posts up some great Dreamation gaming: SoTC – Rex Rich and the Warlord of Mars, BW: Quest for the Grail, FATE – Mystery of the Murdered Monkey and FATE – Fatal Fantasy.
+ Sons of Kryos post up Dreamation interviews with Jeff Himmelman, Paul Tevis, Jeff Lower and Ryan Macklin concerning their Ashcan Front Journey since Gen Con and we talk with Brennan Taylor about I.P.R. and his own Fantasy Heartbreaker.
+ Mel White posts more Dreamation AP, Agon and Giants, up at the Virtual Play podcast.
+ The Voice of the Revolution was recorded at Dreamation and has an interview with Chad Underkofler. And I hope they don’t ask him the same questions that we did.