Game-fast: in which a gamer stops playing games in order to focus on other pursuits and goals.
- Solo Houses of the Blooded game with Janaki where she can ride dragons, get into duels, adventure in Puzzle Houses, debate ven policy in the Senate and have sexy romances.
- Sit down with Rob, Jason, Witt, Melissa and Janaki and play Misspent Youth.
- Get together with Bret and run a Ghost Rider Marvel Heroic game where folks who can make it show up and guest star as their favorite Marvel characters.
- In a Wicked Age with Bret, Janaki, and Carly with sangria and mojitos.
- I’d show up to Barry’s house in the middle of the night, plop down World of Dungeons and a 1 Page Dungeon in my clipboard and play until the sun comes up or City of Fire and Coin, depending on who is around.
- Sit down with Paula, B.C., Cole and Evan and play Monsterhearts on summer evenings.
- Get my roommates, Anthony, Andrew and Sarah, to the table and make characters around Anthony’s idea of playing an Imperial Engineer in the Warhammer world using Burning Wheel.
- Grab my old Tiefling Rogue/Sorcerer and jump into Jim, Charlotte and Aaron’s 4e game.
- City of Fire and Coin with Drew and whoever is in arm’s reach.
- Dust Devils with Samurai with my dad.
- Marvel Heroic’s Civil War with Storn, Pete, Anthony, Andrew and Sarah.
But I won’t. I’m staying on target and keeping those flying monkeys in the sky. And ya know, as much as I want to game it feels good to put it aside and concentrate on what is important. It will make gaming that much more satisfying once it hits the table again.
The job search grind is grinding on me.