Daniel and I were musing on G+ about a play-by-post MHR game with Power Pack, one of Daniel’s fav comics. I was thinking about not putting them directly into an Event but making the first issues of their comic book its own thing, letting the group breath before tossing them into the deep end of Marvel continuity. This could be done with any 4 heroes, especially with the tradition of odd Fantastic Four teams.
Thanksgiving meal at the Power household and a hologram message of Reed Richards arrives to each of the Power Pack kids: “If you are getting this, it is because we are far away, so very far that we might not come back before this era ends and I am asking you to take over, to be the new Fantastic Four. Wearing the ‘4’ has always been about family, science and exploration. Please accept my invitation to look over the Baxter Building and continue these traditions.”
In the first issue, the Snarks arrive to beg an absent Reed Richards for help, Galactus has come to their homeworld.
- She-Hulk’s legal counsel
- T’Challa/Henry Pym/Tony Stark/Bill Foster/Adam Cho’s scientific expertise
- Cool Trophy Room Toys
- An understanding of one of Reed’s Experiments
- A place in Johnny’s rock band
- A place on the Illuminati
- A clue as to the Fantastic Four’s whereabouts (that way the return of the FF is firmly in the players’ control and of course each clue leads to an adventure and once they have 4, they can go rescue the FF and bring them back)
- A place at the head of one of Sue’s non-profit organizations
Next Issue: Milestones and ideas on Alternative Fantastic Four replacements