The Lich-Queen’s forces are coming to your world. Roll 6d6 and get the session started.
Inspired by the July RPG Blog Carnival
Why are they invading?
- Illithid Infestation
- Githzerai Haven
- Red Dragon Cabal
- Key crossroads World in greater planar campaign
- The Lich-Queen has taken offense to one of your deities
- Someone stole a Silver Sword and won’t return it
Githyanki Random Encounters
- Red Dragon Air Cav Wing
- Warlock Summoning Platoon
- Warlock Skirmish Squad
- Silver Sword Battalion
- Illithid Hunting Posse
- Psionic Urban Unit
The above Githyanki are looking for a:
- Gate to their home
- Illithid or Githzarai
- A place to allow red dragon steeds to graze
- An escaped prisoner
- Stolen red dragon eggs
Something from Githyanki culture that is catching on
- Board game (like chess but with no kings, only a single Lich-Queen who eats pieces from both sides if they travel too far)
- Disdain for religion
- Hatred of Illithid
- Bigotry against Githzarai
- Gith poetry
Something from your world that is catching on with the Githyanki
- A goddess
- A type of music
- A drink
- A drug
- A battle tactic
They’ve brought some kind of fungal infestation with them from another world that causes:
- Trees to spread their roots through the lower planes and become a gate to hell.
- Vines to choke animals to death, gain the hit points of the beasts it kills, becoming stronger and stronger until burned to the root.
- Vegetables glow different color based on the alignment of those nearby.
- Ponds to become scrying pools that show the nearest Illithid or Githyanki
- A usually edible vegetable to cause a character to make a save or else hallucinate for 1d6 hours, also causing you to re-roll your hit points or one stat (GM’s’ choice) depending on how you reacted to the hallucination.
- Causing all trees to become Treants.