Tiamat crowned 5 Her five chosen kings. Each king may ride one of her draconic consorts into battle once in their lifetime.
It is said that each of these kings will birth a daughter and those daughters will reign for a thousand years until the Messiah Empress, Tiamat’s truest daughter, will come to unite all 5 thrones until the end of time.
You can’t let that happen.
- Write a belief about the people (fellow player characters) you are inspiring to rebel.
- Write a belief about the crowns and thugs who will be destroyed in the coming glorious revolution.
- Write a belief about the government that will replace the kings and how you will put it in place.
- Write a belief about what you are making with your knife-work.
- Write a belief about something beautiful that allows you to momentarily forget about the death you deal.
- Write a belief about an ambition beyond murder and revolution.
- Write a belief about when you realized that the nobles were without morals.
- Write a belief about someone in the noble court you want to save from the coming carnage.
- Write a belief about someone you will need to see dead in order to begin the revolution in earnest.
- Write a belief about how you could make money off rebellion and revolution.
- Write a belief about you earnestly believe the government needs to change.
- Write a belief about the moment you decided that you’d risk everything your family has to fund a rebellion against the five kings.
NOTE: Maybe the characters will survive and succeed, founding a republic on the bodies of dead and surrendered kings. Maybe many will end up with their heads on chopping blocks or hanged for their seditious crimes. I can’t help but think it will likely be the latter or perhaps a blend of the two.
Have fun, see what happens and e-mail me or leave a comment about the bloody details if you give it a go.
Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library. “Rubric; full-page miniature of kings strung up.” The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1445. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47da-e6dc-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99
Manuscripts and Archives Division, The New York Public Library. “Full-page miniature.” The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1445. http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47da-e730-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99
The British Library Flickr Account. “Image taken from page 81 of Rambles Round London Town.” The British Library Digital Collections. 1884. https://flic.kr/p/hUc23o